The Texas Historical Commission (THC) manages twenty public historic sites across the state, including Landmark Inn State Historic Site. The mission of the Friends of Landmark Inn is to assist the THC in its stewardship, interpretation, and promotion of the site. More specifically, the Friends volunteer and help raise funds for site operations, programs, and special projects.
Future Projects Include:
- Providing need-based transportation grants for school groups.
- Purchasing historically correct shutters for the Vance Hotel and House.
- Helping restore a historically correct split-shingle roof on the Wash House.
- Providing additional supplies and materials for programs.
- Special marketing promotions and targeted advertisements.
Friends Officers and Board Members 2020-2021:
- John C. Wernette, President
- Doug DeMino, Vice President
- Megan Dybowski, Secretary
- Josh Hart, Treasurer
- Arnold Dollase, Board Member
- Shelly Mackie, Board Member
- Cari Schroeder, Board Member
- Lynette Farrimond, Board Member
- Kerl Brooks, Board Member